This year, BGWLC have three lifters selected to compete for Great Britain – Thomas Celestin (105kg) , Ernie and June. They will be joined by current World Masters M2 (93kg) champion Robert Rodney. This is the first European Powerlifting championships and will be held in Helsingborg, Sweden over the course of this week, we wish the lifters much success.
Full results will be available on the EPF website
Here’s a clip of an interview of Invictus Games Athlete Abbie Kasparis with Coach Martin. It was shown on Forces TV on Monday 15th October.
It’s almost time! Abbie modelling the Invictus Games singlet.
SATURDAY, 10 NOVEMBER 2018
SUNDAY, 11 NOVEMBER 2018
PROGRAMME: SOUTHERN MASTERS WEIGHTLIFTING COMPETITION
(1) There will be a 10 minute break between each group.
(2) There will only be a break between the snatch and clean and jerk, if the group has six or less lifters.
(3) Lot numbers have been allocated and will be retained with the lifter throughout the competition even if they move categories and / or groups. Once the groups have been confirmed on completion of weigh in, then the lot number will be changed to the start number.
(4) The timetable is a guide only. If the number of lifters in Group 1 are absent, then we shall start all other groups earlier. If one lifter is missing then we will start 9 minutes earlier. Of course all my timing are theoretical and it is subjected to how fast or slow a group may run. We will not wait, but carry straight on. Therefore you should follow the course of competition very carefully.
(5) All competitors should remain in the venue during the competition – that is from weigh in – until completion of group. If you wish to leave then you must inform the Technical Controller – who shall be appointed on the day.
Start List for Saturday.
Start List for Sunday
Bethnal Green Weightlifting Club are pleased to announce that Isabella and Jim will be holding the above seminar at the club on Sunday 9th September, 10am-5pm.
Tickets available at Eventbtite:
Congratulations to Jasmine Lake, despite a shoulder injury she went on to compete at these championships and came away with a well deserved international PB (62.5kg).
Congratulations to our very own Martin Bass on his appointment as Head Coach Classic Masters. We wish him every success in this new role!
To support inclusivity, we are hosting our second LGBT competition on the 28th July. Comp starts at 10am, and we are looking for loaders to help with the platform. Food and t-shirt included.
To volunteer or for more information, email Dom at email@example.com
Here are the BGWLC lifters’ results as written by Martin – well done to everyone taking part!