Well done masters!
Well done masters!
Abbie Kasparis has won the Bronze Medal in the Invictus Games Ladies Lightweight Class Benchpress with lifts of 35kg✔39kg✔41kg❌.
Here is her 39kg press:
Abbie started lifting in January this year and joined BGWLC in February. Well done Abbie!
Here’s a clip of an interview of Invictus Games Athlete Abbie Kasparis with Coach Martin. It was shown on Forces TV on Monday 15th October.
It’s almost time! Abbie modelling the Invictus Games singlet.
Well done to Moa!
And in her own words:
View this post on Instagram
🇬🇧 BRITISH CHAMPION 🇬🇧 To get to step up there on the podium… words can't describe it. I had an amazing comp with PBs in all lifts, a British bench press record, a British deadlift record (that @suzannelifts well deserved took a minute later, amazing to watch💪) and a British total record🏆 I gave it my all yesterday, trusted the work that me and @deadliftbig have put in and I couldn't have asked for a better outcome than this!! I went 9 for 9 for the first time with my best lifts being 140kg squat (+2.5kg PB), 90.5kg bench (+5.5kg PB) and 178.5kg deadlift (+6kg PB) giving me a total of 409kg (+14kg PB)! And 445wilks being a lightweight at 61.9kg bw🐜 I am so thankful for the support from my @bethnalgreenwlc fam, so greatful to have a coach like @deadliftbig that I can trust 110% and so lucky to have my friends and family cheering me on, watching the stream ❤ It was an honour to share the platform with the strongest jr women in the UK – we were all competing against eachother but I don't think you can find another sport where there is this kind of atmosphere, amazing!♀ And truly amazing lifting from @suzannelifts and @makeda_vidal bringing home the hardware too, inspiring to see both you lift (damn those squats and deadlifts!!) and happy I got to meet you ❤ Now it's time to eat, rest and get back to the drawing board… November is coming up😏💪 • • • #britishpowerlifting #rawpowerlifting #strength #strong #gym #gymlife #styrkelyft #britishchampionships #champion #pb #squat #bench #deadlift #sbd #powerlifting #powerlifter #girlswithmuscle #girlswhopowerlift #gymgirls #girlswholift #greaterlondonpowerlifting #swedish #tyngre #eleikosport #eleiko @tyngre @sbdapparel @eleikosport
(1) There will be a 10 minute break between each group.
(2) There will only be a break between the snatch and clean and jerk, if the group has six or less lifters.
(3) Lot numbers have been allocated and will be retained with the lifter throughout the competition even if they move categories and / or groups. Once the groups have been confirmed on completion of weigh in, then the lot number will be changed to the start number.
(4) The timetable is a guide only. If the number of lifters in Group 1 are absent, then we shall start all other groups earlier. If one lifter is missing then we will start 9 minutes earlier. Of course all my timing are theoretical and it is subjected to how fast or slow a group may run. We will not wait, but carry straight on. Therefore you should follow the course of competition very carefully.
(5) All competitors should remain in the venue during the competition – that is from weigh in – until completion of group. If you wish to leave then you must inform the Technical Controller – who shall be appointed on the day.
Bethnal Green Weightlifting Club are pleased to announce that Isabella and Jim will be holding the above seminar at the club on Sunday 9th September, 10am-5pm.
Tickets available at Eventbtite:
Congratulations to Jasmine Lake, despite a shoulder injury she went on to compete at these championships and came away with a well deserved international PB (62.5kg).
Congratulations to our very own Martin Bass on his appointment as Head Coach Classic Masters. We wish him every success in this new role!
Here are the BGWLC lifters’ results as written by Martin – well done to everyone taking part!